Regulations of the I International festival of national cultures «FOLK WITHOUT BORDERS»
March 5-8, 2016
1. Regulations of the International festival of national cultures «FOLK WITHOUT BORDERS» (Here in after referred to as Festival) defines the procedure of its organization, holding and awards’ determination.
2. The founders of the Festival are:
• Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Crimea
• Yalta City Council
• The Yalta Chekhov Theatre
• SU «International fund of culture and art development»
3. Dates of the festival:
• Festival will be held within the dates of May 5th-8th, 2016.
May, 4: Arrival of participants to Yalta, check in hotel
May, 9: Departure of participants
4. Location: Yalta Chekhov Theatre, Embankment of Yalta.
5. The goals of the festival are:
To popularize the national cultures, to revive rituals, traditions, ceremonials and holidays of different nations from Russia and abroad.
To familiarize the public with the unique peculiarities of folklore, customs, tempers, mode of life of different nations in a variety of genres (dance, song, instrumental arts, oral folk traditions, rituals, cuisine etc.)
To hand on national traditions to the younger generations, with a view of revival national traditions, preservation and further development of national heritage, strengthening of new forms of intercultural communication.
The objectives of the festival:
1. To develop and strengthen cultural ties and cultural exchange with different countries.
2. To create favorable atmosphere for communication between participants.
3. To spot out the bright and original folk groups and individual performers.
4. To improve performance skills of soloists and ensembles via master classes with participation of professional artists.
5. To represent the positive image of the Republic of Crimea and Yalta as the international centre of folk art.
6. To form positive attitudes for young people to ethnic diversity.
7. To increase young people`s interest to the traditions, customs and culture of various ethnic groups.
6. Participants of the Festival:
• Individual performers and ensembles from Russia and abroad are eligible to apply for participation by April 1, 2015.
• All genres of folk art can be presented at the festival program (vocals, choreography, instrumental performances, spoken folk art, handicrafts, folk ceremonies, rituals, popular games, national cuisine)
• Number of participants in one group is unlimited.
7. The program of the festival:
• There is no fee for participants for their performances. The festival is a charity.
• Each participant of the Festival can perform in several nominations, lasting not over than 7 minutes.
• Each participant is allowed to represent it`s performance within the following nominations:
1. Vocals – a folk song in native language.
2. Choreography - a national dance.
3. National ritual – presentation of national holiday, ceremonial, game.
4. Instrumental performance – a musical composition with folk instruments.
5. National costume - demonstration of the national costume or its elements on. the stage, accompanied by a story about its origin.
6. National cuisine - presentation of traditional dish of national cuisine.
7. Spoken folk traditions – performances of national storytellers.
8. Original genres - a spectacular folk art (puppet-show, circus arts).
9. Fair of national handcrafts.
• Members of jury, professional artists and guests of honor of the festival represent master classes for participants.
• Fair of handcrafts and presentation of national cuisine take place on the Embankment of Yalta and Yalta Chekhov Theatre Square on 7th and 8th of May from 10:00 to 16:00. It’s a possibility for purchase of handcraft and food products (Folk - shop).
• Delegations should prepare by themselves places for presentation. Organizing Committee provides participants with necessary props like tables, chairs etc.
• Age categories of participants - without any restrictions.
• Participation of festival`s participants in the Gala Concert will be determine on the basis of their previous performances by the decision of the Jury and the Organizing Committee.
• Festival organizers provide standard technical equipment for the stage («stage clothing», lightning equipment, amplifiers, desks, chairs, microphones).
• All the expenses, in concerns requisites, costumes, necessary sets and phonograms production are covered by the theatrical groups themselves and the sending party.
• Festival Organizing Committee provides guided tour services, equipped stages for performances, administrative and managerial service.
• Organizing Committee provides PR-company with the support of media partners: specialized media, the Internet - resources and central TV channels.
• The Organizing Committee forms the schedule of performances.
8. The Organizing Committee of the festival:
• General management of Festival is provided by Organizing Committee.
• Organizing committee takes the financial responsibility for organization, advertising/promotion and carrying out, budget formation and allocation of the Festival.
• Organizing Committee is empowered to introduce changes and supplements to the current Regulations.
• Issues aren’t covered by this Regulation, solves by Festival Organizing Committee.
• Festival Jury Board will be formed by Festival Organizing Committee.
• The Jury is headed by the Chairman.
• Jury elaborates evaluation criteria for the Festival nominations and selects the winner for each Festival nomination.
10. Prizes and awards of the festival:
• The Jury evaluates the contest program
• Festival winners in each nomination are awarded with Festival Diploma and gifts of honor.
• Sponsors, founders, social organizations, as well, as jury can establish special additional nominations and awards.
• Sponsors of participants of the Festival get the opportunity to provide their advertising company at Yalta Chekhov Theatre.
• Performance which gets the highest score of the jury and the audience can be marked by The «Grand Prix».
11.Terms of Participation:
Traveling expenses of theatrical groups – Festival participants – to and from Simferopol (Crimea, Russia) are covered by the sending party.
Please notice! Transfer Simferopol-Yalta and Yalta-Simferopol is provided only at official dates of arrival and departure. The waiting time of each individual bus is no more than 2 hours.
In other dates of the festival each group can order individual transfer for extra charge. The cost of such service you can find out from festival managers. Organizing Committee can assist the participants to book the transfer through the route Simferopol-Yalta- Simferopol.
To apply for participation, please, fill out the form (find it attached) and send it by April the 15st, 2016 to the following address:
Required application supplementary documents:
1.Biography of folk collective or soloist
2.Color photographs of group or soloist (in JPG (JPEG) format)
3.Audio- or video records
4.Proposed program of performance
5.Technical rider of performance
Yalta Chekhov Theatre
13 Yekaterininskaya St.
Yalta, Crimea, 298600
Phone +7 978 844 59 08; +7 (3654) 27 25 00
С 5 по 8 мая 2016 года...